Sunday, February 21, 2010

til death do we part.....

I spent a long time last night holding oberon who woke me up at 1:30 falling down. He was stumbling and peeing and couldnt focus.I jumped up, threw on clothes and slowly walked him outside where he tried to pee but fell over so I again supported him into the house where I called the 24 hr vets, took his temp and layed with him.I didnt want to take him to vets because first thing they do is take him from me and he was really disoriented so seperarting us would of made us both freak. I sat beside him for a couple of hours reading and petting his face while he slept.At four,I put him up on my waterbed because it was warm and crawled inbeside him.cradled him until six thirty then got up and fed others while he followed me with his eyes.
8 yrs ago when I was really sick and my family had all abandoned me, I ran a fever of 103 for 13 days and he NEVER lef tmy side except to pee,poop.If my breathing changed, he was right there looking me in the face, telling me he was there, holding my heart while I fought to not die.When it spiked to 104.8 he laid beside the bath tub while I shook for ten hours until it dropped.
I had a horrid childhood, full of fear and drunk parents.violence was our constant.He has been my savior, my jesus.Even when he isnt in the truck with me, he is there in spirit and often I turn looking for him because his presence is so strong.
He has been the family I didnt have, the safety every one desires.He is my partner, my bestest and as I sit here writing, he stumbles to me and kisses my face, licks my tears as they cascade down my face.He is the family,I never had.He is the one who stayed, who believed in me. I would trade all other relationships for this one with him.

No comments: