Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My friend Jim

He passed into a different place yesterday early morning after being removed from life support.I had sat with him last week, he was barely there but I saw him know I was there as I washed his face, soaked the washcloth in red clover tea to wet his mouth that has been held open by his breathing tube and was dry. He looked me in the eyes as I offered it to him and sucked, nodded his head yes,yes,thank you.Then his eyes would get big,almost fixed and he would stare,a bit startled.I asked him if he could see them, the angles there for him and he looked at me and again,nodded. I washed his face,his neck again, more wet clover.I told him his daughter would be ok and he had panic momentarily.I sang to him and for him.I took my feathers in and some sage that had been slightly burned in for him to smell.As I held it up to his face, he closed his eyes and I could see him taking it in.
Tonight I feel really sad.Sad for him,sad for me and for all of the good times that will never be repeated......Rest easy Jim.We will be along soon.I love you.

No comments: