Friday, January 29, 2010

broken hearts, broken dreams

My little sister Beth lost her baby yesterday morning.He was 23 weeks in uterine and weighed 1.2 lbs and was 12 inches long. The prints of his feet are about a inch long and perfect.We were all so excited about this little boy coming into our lives.Our hearts are broken.I feel horrible for my little sister and her husband Jeremy.She had a infection and it caused her water to break. So they left the baby with her for a while and I think they made their peace with him.I went to SAC airport and picked up my step mom(her mom-same dad) and took her to the hospital where we visited with her and Penny, my 2 yr old niece.She was full of life and laughter and I was really glad she was there.Beth had a fever that spiked -103.4 early yesterday morning that caused them to hurry the labor.She seemed fine last night but then all of a sudden it went septic.Her temperature dropped to 94 and they put her in IC. I feel sad and scare for my sister.She was like my first baby.I was 12 when she was born and we shared a room immediately.Oh I cooed her.fed.bathe,changed her.I really loved her.They are going to keep her for a WEEK! I do not want her to die and it scares me that she could get a worse infection in there...

No comments: